Sunset

Sunset

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Does Anyone Have a Reset Button???


Ever have times when you wish you could have a reset button and start something over again?

I do, a lot!  Especially when my foot goes in my mouth, which happens more often than I'd like to admit. :-)

The truth is even if we did have a chance to relive an experience, does that mean that we won't make the same mistake again?  No, it doesn't.

Life gives us opportunities to practice.  We practice at music, hobbies, sports, games, etc....What about life?

For a long time I wrestled with the thought of being able to make up for something I did.  To try to make it right, erase the past.  Any blemishes that were mine had to be erased.  Couldn't accept that it's okay if I make mistakes.  That's how we learn right? :-)

Jesus never wants us to be stagnant people that never grow and change.  He loves variety!  :-)

Can you imagine how boring life would be if there wasn't anything to explore, learn about and/or discover?  Do you think it's coincidence that you enjoy the things you do? 

Here's a thought...What if our mistake isn't something we did wrong, but something God wanted us to do, right?  Hmm...let's think about this for a minute.

Here are a few definitions of mistake:

- misunderstanding or misconception, mistook

- an action, decision, or judgement that produces an unwanted or unintentional result

Unintentional huh?  For who?  Me?  Let's see.

Have you ever been to a bowling alley before?  Every lane has rails or bumpers to keep the ball from falling in the gutter.  What if, now let's speculate for a moment, what if God has bumpers in our lives too?

When I was taking piano lessons my teacher would get frustrated with me.  I'd stop playing a piece when I messed up instead of finishing it.  Instead of moving on to the next part of the song I'd start over.  And again, and again, and again...

I couldn't understand why this irritated her.  Now, I know why...

Starting over again keeps us at a stand still.  We're stuck in a loop and we can't get free.

Bumpers might stun you for a second, but instead of falling in the gutter you will make it to the finishing line.  That is the difference!

When we haven't let go of and accepted the past we will never be free from it!  That's how you keep getting looped in. 

Jesus said, "I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through Me." (John 14:6 NIV)

Bumpers will show up when you least expect them.  Instead of getting frustrated and trying to go around them, how about accepting them instead?!

May this message be a Blessing in your lives and mine,

Maria 

No comments:

Post a Comment