Sunset

Sunset

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Choices

Choices.  It is one direction or the other.  Sometimes it's not so simple is it?

Every day we make decisions.  What to eat or wear, where to go, what needs to get done, etc.

What guides yours?  Is it your emotions or does something else drive you?  Who drives your car, so to speak?

For a long time I was the driver in my life, and if anything got in my way I would drive around it and get back on the road.  Everything seemed fine for a while, until, it didn't.  About a decade ago the control that I had was taken away, and I had to live life differently.

It wasn't at all what I planned.  Why?  What happened?  My body changed.  It wasn't listening to me when I wanted to move around and go out dancing.  The abdomen was swelling up.  When I'd sit and stand too much it caused excruciating pain everywhere.  What was happening to me?

I felt betrayed by my body.  It was supposed to do what I wanted right, wrong!

When you overdo it the body can only take so much; the same goes with life.

There is no guarantee how many choices and/or opportunities that you will have in this world.  Don't waste them!  You never know when you are one step away from the best or worst thing that has ever happened to you.

"When God closes a door He opens a window."  I've heard this countless times through the years.  Here's a thought, "Even if you can't see the window does it still mean it's there?"...Yes, it is! :-)

What I had planned for my life was my idea, not His!  It took years of research and doctor appointments to finally understand why and how the pain started.  It began when I was injured as a child, and my body was fighting to cope long before I knew it.

By now you must be wondering, "What is Maria talking about now?  Her title for this article is Choices and for the past few paragraphs all she has been writing about is pain?  What's going on here?"  Here is my point.

Some choices are painful, even when they're good for you.  The question is do you have the courage and strength to take them?  Me,....No!  That's where Jesus comes in! :-)

Thank GOD that I do NOT need to have the strength of Samson to live this life.  If I did I would be out of luck. 

In times of brokenness you can see how much you don't need to rely on your own strength and let others help you.  Or...you can choose to do it on your own and fall flat on your face!  Even Jesus asked God for strength when He was going to be crucified.  Now, if Jesus, who is God's son asks for strength, what makes you think that you have enough of your own?  How ridiculous!

If pride is our downfall then look out, you just might be close to the cliff.  (Psalm 73 NIV) "But as for me my feet had almost slipped; i had nearly lost my foothold."

Have you ever been at a crossroads and even though there was a detour sign on the right you were determined to go that way anyway?  Have you ever been so determined to go your way that not only do you hurt yourself but others get injured along the way?

Through all the calamity and turmoil in our lives it is vital to have some way of finding your direction.  Explorers use compasses to find their way.  What about you?  How are you finding yours?

Jesus says that His sheep hear His voice.  (John 10:27)  He also says that He will not give you more than you can handle.  (I Corinthians 10:13 NIV) "No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind.  And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.  But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can endure it."

So there you have it.  Will you do it your way OR follow His?

...The choice is yours!

May this message be a Blessing in your lives and mine.  In Jesus name Amen!

Maria


No comments:

Post a Comment