Sunset

Sunset

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

A Work in Progress


Today was the first time that I have been to art therapy.  It was a lot of fun and I was amazed and awestruck at all of the pieces that I saw other classmates painting.

Some of them were whimsical and others looked so inviting that you wanted to jump into the scene.

I'd never seen anyone trace a photo onto a canvas before.  This was a first.

When I was told to pick something that I'd like to paint I could have picked out something simple. Instead I decided to take a chance and try something different.  After all, why not?! :-)

So, this is what I chose instead.

Beautiful isn't it!

The teacher was very nice and helpful.  She taught me how to trace a photo and here's how it turned out.

Kind of intimidating isn't it?  I love lions.  They always remind me of the Lion of Judah, another name for Jesus.

God's fierceness, and protectiveness.  The way Jesus quietly approaches us reminds me of when a lion crouches down and sneak up on us when we least expect it.

Now it's time to paint.  No one around me had finished their pieces, and they'd been working on theirs during several classes.  It slowly sunk in that finishing this will take longer than expected.  I thought everyone would be done with their art by the end of class.  Maybe not. :-)

While I was painting a phrase spoke in my heart, "a work in progress."  Ooookay, why would I hear this?  Then it occurred to me.

Just like this painting we are a work in progress!  No one is finished yet.
The traced lines on the canvas remind me of God's blueprints for our lives.  "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." (Jeremiah 1:5 NIV)

Before He formed us He knew us?  How is this possible?

It's because He is the Great Designer, and His name is Jesus, Jehovah, Holy Spirit.  He designs everything!  But more than that, He IS love, and He breathes His Love in us when we accept Him.  Isn't that beautiful! :-)

First, my canvas started out like this.  Does this kind of look like what God's blueprints are for us???


Now, it looks like this, a work in progress!
But with God's love, support, and guidance it can look like this; if I ask Him to help me. :-)



Don't get discouraged with where you are now.  You're not a finished piece, yet!

May this message be a Blessing in Your lives and mine.  
In Jesus Name, Amen!

Maria 


No comments:

Post a Comment