Sunset

Sunset

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Why Is It

It has been a long time since I have written anything. You know there is something that you need to do, and yet finding every single excuse in the book to not take care of what you are supposed to do.

Take for example, I am in the process of getting my first book published. As excited as I am it is also frightening, surreal, and a dream that I have always imagined. Whenever I watched a story about a writer getting their book printed a wave of excitement came over me thinking about how wonderful it would be.

Then comes reality. Appointments, things to do, ya de ya da, nothing gets done. Another day goes by. My goal for the day, getting some writing done. Again, ya de ya da. Nothing. Who is there to blame? No one except myself. Again.

My book still needs finishing details, and as much as I wanted to work on it today, I found myself getting distracted "purposely this time" working on mundane projects that are not nearly as important as getting the book done.

While I was mindlessly, and I mean Mindlessly, organizing drawers, straightening up my room, watching shows on TV, God got my attention. In a gentle tone I sensed Him telling me, "If you only wrote a page a day for a year that would be 365 pages that are done." His statement took me aback. Ouch! Writing a page doesn't take a lot of time and yet, I have been procrastinating...for what!...Fear!

I have let fear stop me from being who I really am, a writer. Not anymore! The truth is when you step out and take a chance you "don't" know what words will end up on paper. You don't know what will be! That is part of life. Taking a chance. Jumping into the unknown.

When God wants you to do something trust that He will give you what you need to do it. And as much as it would be dreamed of, He is not going to wave a magic wand and "poof" it happens. If God did that then we wouldn't grow. People go to the gym to strengthen their muscles. Time to exercise ours.

Stand in faith, Go for it, and Don't Be Afraid! God Will Catch You!!!

May this message Be a Blessing In Your Lives and Mine!

Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment