Sunset

Sunset

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Temporary Moments



Whew!  This year has been full of a LOT of changes.  Sometimes I wonder how I have coped through all of them.

Have you ever looked back on your life, and thought “Wow” what happened?  Well, I have been doing that a lot lately.  Sadly I have been grieving the loss of two friendships.  They both ended so sudden, without warning.  Where you’re just wondering, “What!”

One of the things that really sucks about dealing with a chronic illness is watching other people’s lives move by, and you’re still at the window waiting for someone to let you in, and say hello.  I think that is one of the toughest things dealing with it…Having to wait so much,…for “everything.”  And…getting humbled time and again because of your challenges…It…Sucks!

God has given me the gift of encouragement…Now…what do I say?

Does encouraging someone mean blowing smoke up their behind, and fill someone up with dreams, hopes and desires when even you don’t believe it!....NO!....IT DOESN’T!

Encouraging means to be a cheerleader for others.  Help cheer them on to get across the finish line!
So, do you wan t smoke blown up your behinds,…or….would you rather, hear, truth!

The truth is…Everything is temporary.  Period!  It’s temporary on “Earth,” but not in Heaven!  The truth is that God has placed you somewhere, which I call “His temporary base,” on Earth, and Yes, that will change!  There are some people that you will meet today, and they might be gone tomorrow.  As long as that person makes it into Heaven is what really matters!  The rest is Passé!  

So, what does this mean for you?  Does it mean that you are going to feel fantastic all the time!  NO!  Have you ever watched someone who is working out?  Does it look like they are having a fun time while they are sweating lifting weights 3 times heavier than their legs are. 

Have you ever watched an artist at work?  It takes “WORK” making something beautiful.  Me, do I feel wonderful when I am writing?  Truth!  NO!  Instead there is this intensity that I feel.  My fingers are not working as fast as the words that I want to express.  

So, what is my point in all this!  My point is….drum roll please :-) …it takes pain to create something, or do something.  Period!  That is all I have to say, except this…Remember, this is a “temporary” world that we are in right now.  You are on a base, and have been given an assignment from God to overcome.

What is your assignment?  Will it still be there tomorrow?  Did you make mistakes today?  That’s okay because it is “part” of what God wants you to learn…Period!  

I am aware that pain is not easy, no matter the reason.  Remember, I am a cheerleader cheering for you! You CAN do it!

HANG IN THERE, STAY STRONG AND ENCOURAGED, AND KEEP REACHING FOR THE STARS!!! :-)
May this message be a Blessing in your lives and mine!  Amen!

Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment